Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Butterflies, Stars, and #spoonie

My crazy silly Kenny, 

God how I miss your texts to me. I'm sure I'm driving your friends and family crazy. Miss Kelly is going to send me some of your things and some of your ashes.  I am going to paint a small urn with butterflies and stars and glitter for it.  I'll show you a picture when it's finished.  If you don't mind, I'm going to sprinkle a tiny bit of you into the water with some of my favourite glitter at my "thinking spot" on the beach.  I think you'll like it there.  It's quiet and peaceful and no one really goes there.



I started drawing our butterfly whirlwind and stars tattoo. I'm wondering how to weave your and my sister's names into it. I'm thinking of adding a tiny spoon into it for all of our #spoonie status.  I'm still wanting it to be a diagonal piece from my left hip up to and over my right shoulder. Quite ambitious for a first, but I can handle the pain with all we've all been through.  I know you wanted to go with me for it and hold my hand so when I go, I'll tell you.

I  bought these today -
The star is for you. The butterfly is, of course, for my sister and I.

I've been trying hard to not cry too much and being sad. I will admit to needing some pharmaceutical assistance... I didn't want to, but I can't sit here and cry constantly over you going to your stars - you'd want me to be happy you aren't in pain. Come visit me on the wings of the butterflies and kiss me with the wind.

Kristina and I have been laughing a lot over the pervy and silly things you said to us.  I've been remembering how much you made me laugh when I was hurting and in pain and so very sick... and not to quit on us. I won't give up on us. I promise. I know you'll be there waiting for me - Mr Perfect and full of patience.

Isaac is taking his sweet time - he's stalled right outside the coast of Louisiana. Lots of wind and rain. Transformers popping all over. I'm safe here - but I'm prepared to flee if needed. I had to write to you to distract me from it. You know I hate the storms.

The power is flickering a bit and the wind is picking up again so I must go.

<3 The Uneeek One

No comments:

Post a Comment