Sunday, September 2, 2012

the beginning.


Remember this day, Kenny? It was October 29, 2011.

I asked over twitter for someone to play words w/ friends with me. You asked - what's that? I said it was like scrabble. You said you were intrigued and started a game with me.

While we were playing words w/ friends, you said you were sick and you needed someone to talk to and posted your phone number. I said I was sick, too. I was nervous, but decided it was okay and sent a Hi!

It was our first text message. You asked if I would send a picture if you sent one. I said ok but please don't be creepy and send pictures of your penis lol. You sent this and I sent that, and then we were friends and no longer strangers over the internet.

I asked if you were a #spoonie due to your esrd and copd  and you asked What's a spoonie?, so I told you what the spoon signifies. You read the The Spoon Theory.  I introduced you to #spoonie on twitter and gave you more outlets and information and places to vent and ask for help. We became closer friends.

We played endless games of ww/f and you would send me tons of your "this or that" texts. - waffles or pancakes. red or black. hot or cold. coffee or tea. etc etc After a few days, you said it was no longer a game and that you really wanted to know the answers to the questions - and the whys of the answers. Our conversations turned from silly and frivolous to serious, deep discussions of life, sickness, suicide, family, drugs, drinking, crazy, self hatred and self destruction, depression, past experiences, music, art, hopes and dreams. We found we were a lot alike. Best friend status was rapidly approaching.

<Aerosmith / Get a Grip / Amazing>

You became my rock and my shoulder when I needed support and to vent. I became yours. Not a day went by that we didn't send a hundred or more texts to each other. I'd call on dialysis days to make sure you got up and went to treatment after you skipped one. We'd call each other on days when our mood was particularly dark, lonely and sad, just to hear a caring voice, someone who "got it".

I love you very much. I've been thinking about how we met a lot. I'm glad our paths crossed, Kenny. I miss you a terrible amount. Your name still shows up first in my quick list for texting and most dialed phone calls. It always will be.

~Your Uneeek One

No comments:

Post a Comment