Thursday, September 27, 2012

voices

Kennylove <3

I wish I could talk to you on the phone. I called it last night, again... you didn't answer. It didn't even do your This is Kenny! voicemail message :( I guess it finally got shut off... Now I don't get to hear your voice unless I listen to the videos, voicemails and voxer messages on my phone - I'm so afraid they are going to go POOF on me one day and I'll never hear you again :(  You don't know how much those mean to me, how often listening to you got me through a bad night or a shitacular day. I wish we would have gotten around to reading books to each other so I'd be able to listen to you for hours with my headphones at work and at home when I am unable to sleep at night...

It was the neverending night at work... It was busy, but time was going backwards. I really didn't want to be there at all. Gwen was driving me absolutely crazy - from her weird inflection on words - OY-stchures (oysters), praf-O-ated (perforated) - those both grate on my last nerve LOL to her not listening to what the rest of us more experienced chef type people tell her. She's old and this is her first cooking job ever. I've been in restaurants non stop for nearly 30 years... Don't boil butter sauces, salt squashes before steaming so the excess liquid is drawn out and it doesn't go mushy on the line or leak out on plates, don't freak out over things going wrong in the rush (she literally starts twirling around because she's so flustered and I have to kick her off the line and take her place... ) - sauces break, tickets get read wrong, servers forget things, customers change their minds - it happens! Throw it out or fix it. It takes longer to complain than it does to remake... I've never worked with anyone so unsuited to kitchen life before... She makes me need an extra Xanax and a drink some nights :D

Our squash boxes were sad in the cooler all by their lonesome.

I'm starting to hurt really bad again in my hip joints and lower back. I'm going to try to lie down and sleep. Maybe I can pass out before the pain keeps me awake. You're free to join me.

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment